Sunday 16 May 2010

Reads, Feeds, Tweets - Am I Losing Interest?

Today, I remembered to look at my Google Reader. 

I was shocked to find 573 new items that I had not yet looked at.

Once, this would never have happened.

So what is the problem?

I have started to notice that with few exceptions, the same information is delivered through all the services I subscribe to.

What I read each morning on my google alerts, I see on Twitter and then I find it in my google feeds.

I am very disturbed that I have not checked my SlideShare saves for ages. I still believe it is one of the most useful tools out there and I notice how they are updating their service all the time.

That said, I mostly just follow tweets to SlideShare now.

That said, I think I will try to get back to SlideShare by next Sunday.  That is my challenge this week.

Another factor is that, I am in a corporate (education) environment, so now I do not have a direct audience with whom to share subject-related sites.  

I still do that sometimes on Twitter.

I like to follow various ed. tweeple and keep up with NSW education innovation.

Still, that niggling worry ... am I finally over it?




No comments:

Post a Comment