Great prezi, Darcy! Lots of useful in and out of class ideas.
It is difficult to know how to pitch to a conference where the composition of the audience is not known.
Your "pitch" will strike chords with many people, since they will love the SRC and various activist ideas.
I would love to be in a high school at the moment, having blogED, DER devices and so on to work with. What an incredibly exciting time, it is!
I would aim to:
- engage each teacher in the context of their teaching passion, their subjects.
- offer generic and subject-unique quality teaching strategies
- run refresher-sessions on literacy and numeracy teaching at the subject level so that teachers...
- scaffold student writing [daily] using a range of text types and the blogED tool
- assist teachers to use the blogED learning tool to get students to plan, read, write, reflect [post] on their learning in each subject
More from the conference lead-up:
Bianca Hewes and Troy Martin have prepared a deck on SlideShare: DER Leadership: A Genuine Learning Revolution.