Sunday 14 September 2008

My Quick Start Tips for New Twitters | Mobile Technology in TAFE

My Quick Start Tips for New Twitters | Mobile Technology in TAFE

Sue Waters, top Oz bloggers writes about Twitter. A must=read for anyone looing at taking up this valuable micro-blogging application. My comments:

I signed up to Twitter mid 2007 and did not tweet until May 2008. I just could not see the value in investing my time.
I took up the tool, when BeTwittered became available for my igoogle. page. I then found TweetDeck and liked that idea, to organise groups of those I was following. I knew who to follow initially since I was familiar with most of the top edubloggers worldwide.
My tips, are similar to yours. I like to follow top UK and Oz/NZ people since this perspective balances the US presence.
I favourite tweets to peruse later. While it takes a little time, I do always review the action from different time zones. I enjoy tweeting links to good articles, reports and SlideShare.

Go read the full Sue Waters post and get tweeting to develop another perspective to your PLN.

No comments:

Post a Comment