Thursday 17 July 2008

Weblogg-ed � What I Hate About Twitter

Weblogg-ed � What I Hate About Twitter

Will Richardson wrote:

I’ve liked Twitter since I first started playing with it last year, but there are some things that are really starting to annoy me about these 140-character “conversations” that we’re carrying on there,...

Whether it’s some people getting a little snippy from time to time and then other people making a way-too-huge-a-deal about it, or whether it’s two very smart people like Gary and Sheryl blowing out a Tweet-a-minute micro debate ..., or whether it’s people trying to live Tweet hour-long presentations that turn into like 347 updates, I’m finding anything that hints of substance just too scattered, too disjointed to read, even with the wonders of Tweetdeck. It’s like trying to eavesdrop on the conversation of a bunch of people ... Frustrating.

Very interesting post. I've been doing Twitter with TweetDeck for a week. I love it to death already. What does that say about MY personality?

Scott McLeod has written a response too: Blogging, tweeting, and the uncovering of personality.

http://www.dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2008/07/blogging-tweeti.html

Both posts are vital to the debate about learning with this tool.

I hope to write more myself, if I can drag myself away from the Deck and am not too lazy to go beyond 140 characters.

One final point point, I am fascinated by the use of numbers in the 'spheres. I'll leave that for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elaine,
    I have followed the discussion about Twitter from various bloggers, and I think (as I said in my reply to your comment on mine), I will not start Twittering. It's my way of keeping the drawbridge up around my life. RSS and involvement in several Nings gives me plenty to think about, and a way to plan future collaborations, too. I may have my mind changed eventually, but for now, I don't need another reason for more screen time!

    ReplyDelete