Saturday 10 January 2009

Social Aggregation: The Next Logical Step In Social Networking | Search Engine Optimization

Social Aggregation: The Next Logical Step In Social Networking | Search Engine Optimization:

"Social media is already an obsolete term - on the web you are either social or dust. No one pays attention to the “me, me, me” tune. The “you, you, you” is losing ground too. What matters today is “us” and how we “share data”, communicate and interact.

The first steps towards a more social Web were made by bookmarking services like reddit, digg, and http://del.icio.us and by social networking sites like MySpace, Facebook, Bebo and others. The problem with so many bookmarking and networking sites is that the users lose track of their data sooner or later. Today more and more people are looking for solutions for the storm clouds of data and services cluttering their minds."
This is a very interesting article and with the reference to Secondbrain, it piqued my interest. I signed up and set up my feeds last year and have rarely been back. Same with Friendfeed. I receive a FriendFeed update each day and I rarely look at that either.

Why is this so?
Does it matter?
Is it worth taking another look?


Door open for a follow-up post.

No comments:

Post a Comment