Friday 1 January 2010

Expand Your Sphere of Controversy to Improve Innovation � Innovation Strategy � Innovation Leadership Network

Expand Your Sphere of Controversy to Improve Innovation � Innovation Strategy � Innovation Leadership Network:

This post and blog was found via @timkastelle

The authors write:


"One of the biggest barriers to innovation that I see in firms is this: “That’s the way we’ve always done it.” I’m sure you’ve heard it yourself – when I hear people say that it just drives me crazy. It’s always used as a way to kill a new idea. I ran across an interesting post yesterday by Jay Rosen from NYU that gave me an idea for how to get around this problem."

The notion of "Spheres of consensus, legitimate controversy and deviance" as a framework for understanding the types of discussions or debates that we have in our organisations is worthy of exploration in the workplace. This would include schools in this time of rapid change propelled by forces for innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment