Monday 4 January 2010

How many light bulbs does it take to change teaching? � Parallel Divergence

How many light bulbs does it take to change teaching? � Parallel Divergence

This Stu Hasic post is a must-read for #NSWDET teachers.

My comment amongst many comments, went like this:

A great read, Stu!
Love your imagery and how it has inspired yet more interesting images in comments.
The choice of "sledgehammer" to describe the DERNSW approach is in my view, accurate and I applaud the courage and will, that has underpinned the emerging success of our model.

I replied to Larry Ferlazzo last week in the context of "what did I learn in 2009":
This is one of the points I wrote: the pace of change in what constitutes effective teaching practice is seriously challenging most teachers. This has resulted in a dire need for many to update their practice. The notion of being a lifelong learner has never been so relevant for genuine educators. This is a non-negotiable, individual responsibility.

Finally, the three "sledgehammer" points you articulate are spot-on!

I anticipate much more debate on this topic in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment