Tuesday 5 January 2010

Rethinking School 101: Seven Ideas to Inspire Conversation � Constructing Meaning

Rethinking School 101: Seven Ideas to Inspire Conversation � Constructing Meaning:

Gregory Thompson , on Twitter @akamrt started this post with:

"I am regularly amazed at the effect that Twitter can have on my thinking. Actually, not so much Twitter itself, but rather the links, shared by others, that I click through on. Today I came across an article by Maria Lorena Lehman at the web site SensingArchitecture.com titled 7 Ways to Keep You Inspired for 2010. Right away the title caught my attention. Isn’t there a constant lament heard from teachers, “How do I inspire my students to learn?” The initial thought is what can teachers do “to” students that will cause them to be inspired. Instead, what if the thinking were turned in the other direction, “What can I, as a teacher, do “to” myself that will cause my students to be inspired?”

My thoughts:
This post is worth reading, as is the original article. In summary:
  • read a lot
  • bend boundaries
  • streamline your organisation
  • switch your perspective
  • get out more
  • set your goals

No comments:

Post a Comment